Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to the new blog.

I wanted to start this as a blog for myself, so that I have a weblog record of important links and other stuff I find on this journey.

What journey? As I write this, I am a full-time working mom and my husband is finishing his PhD. We have one awesome daughter who is 4 1/2 years old. My husband is planning on graduating in July and starting a postdoc in October. Right now we live in New Mexico, and the postdoc will be in Arizona. We will be "living" in New Mexico probably until May 2012, and then all three of us will move to Arizona for a year, maybe two. Then? On to whatever is in store for us.

Another part of the journey is (hopefully) going to be homeschooling. I am planning to quit working and homeschool my daughter full-time, basically when she turns 6. For the most part, that is what I want to chronicle here. I am beginning the process of learning all about education because I want to make the homeschool experience a positive one and also a productive one. I have a lot to learn about how kids learn and how to teach.

So, hat's off to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment